Nature: sweet, cold
Enters: Heart, Liver, Kidney
Actions: Nourishes blood and Yin; generates body fluids; moistens the large intestine.
• Heart, liver, and kidney Yin/blood deficiency: dizziness, diminished vision, tinnitus, insomnia, premature greying of hair.
• Injury of body fluids: thirst.
• Yin and blood deficiency: constipation with dry stool (good for the elderly).
• Yin deficiency: wasting and thirsting disorder.
• Use prepared form for blood deficiency.
• Bensky/Gamble categorize this herb as a blood tonic.