Nature: sweet, warm
Enters: Heart, Liver
Actions: Sedates the heart; settles tremors and palpitations; warms the Lungs; directs Qi downward; warms the womb.
• Heart blood deficiency or liver Yang rising: disorientation, trauma, insomnia, anxiety, convulsions.
• Lung deficiency cold: cough, wheezing, copious sputum.
• Deficiency cold of the womb: excessive menstruation, uterine bleeding, infertility.
• Best herb in the category for palpitations and irritability due to Yang rising and excessive heart fire due to blood deficiency.
• Cook 20-30 minutes longer than other herbs.