Nature: acrid, bitter, slightly cold
Enters: Lung, Liver
Actions: Drains fire; relieves toxicity.
• Heat and toxicity: furuncles, carbuncles, sores, sore swollen throat.
• Wind-fire: red eyes.
• Topical: for chronic cervicitis.
• Hypertension: used either alone as an infusion or with Pu gong ying and Jin yin hua in a decoction.
• Antibiotic effects.
• Lowers blood pressure: the flower alone is less toxic and more effective than the entire plant.
• Helps prevent common cold.
• In patients with acute bronchitis, Ye ju hua reduces the number of acute attacks.
MLT: More detoxifying than Ju hua.
• Use internally or externally for all inflammations.
• Compared to Ju Hua, this flower is tiny.
• May be very similar to (Western) Feverfew.