Nature: sweet, cold
Enters: Heart, Liver, Gallbladder
Actions: Clears heat and resolves phlegm to calm the Shen and ease convulsions; stabilizes fright.
• Lung phlegm-heat: difficult-to-expectorate sputum.
• Phlegm-heat: convulsions, spasms. Especially useful for childhood convulsions.
• Wind-stroke due to phlegm accumulation: gurgling sound in the throat.
• Mental disturbances due to fright.
• Compared to Zhu li, Tian zhu huang is gentler and less cold, and is therefore more appropriate for children.
• The fully natural product is rare. Heat is usually applied to the bamboo, the secretions are collected from a node and then crystallized.
Yoga: Vamsha-rochana (includes Zhu ru): P, V-; K+
• Demulcent, expectorant, tonic, rejuvenative, antispasmodic, hemostatic; nurtures the heart, soothes the nervous system.
• For colds, cough, fever, asthma, bleeding disorders, emaciation, debility, dehydration, palpitations, vomiting, consumption.
• Helps Lung weakness, helps recovery from chronic disease.
• Strong anti-Pitta herb.
Dose: 3-9g (0.6-1.2g taken directly)