Nature: acrid, warm, slightly toxic
Enters: Large Intestine, Lung
Actions: Powerfully dispels phlegm; opens the orifices, promotes resuscitation; dissipates clumps, reduces swellings; suppository: unblocks the bowels and expels roundworms
• Phlegm: obstruction, phlegm nodules, coughing or wheezing with copious, difficult-to-expectorate sputum.
• Excessive phlegm: sudden unconsciousness with facial paralysis or seizures.
• Initial stage of abscesses and boils, or abscesses with pus that is difficult to discharge.
• Suppository: for constipation and intestinal obstruction due to roundworms.
• Increases secretions in the stomach and respiratory tract. Significant expectorant effect, though not as strong as that of Jie geng.
Hsu: Strong hemolytic actions; antibacterial; antifungal; expectorant.
Dose: 0.6-1.5g in pill and powder form only