Nature: acrid, warm
Enters: Spleen, Stomach
Actions: Warms the middle Jiao; strongly dries dampness; disperses cold; treats malaria; dissolves stagnation and distention.
• Cold and dampness in the spleen and stomach: distending pain and fullness in the epigastrium and abdomen, vomiting, diarrhea, very greasy tongue coat.
• Malaria: especially due to excess damp-cold or turbid dampness.
• Food stagnation: indigestion, especially due to meat.
• Cold from spleen and stomach deficiency: focal distention, nausea.
• Roasting the herb reduces the possible side effect of vomiting.