Nature: sweet, salty, slightly warm
Enters: Kidney, Liver
Actions: Tonifies liver blood and kidney Jing; stops bleeding.
• Kidney Yang deficiency: intolerance to cold, cold extremities, impotence, seminal emission, infertility, frequent urination, dizziness, weak lumbar region and knees, fatigue.
• Kidney Yang deficiency cold: hematemesis, epistaxis, hematuria, uterine bleeding.
• Non-healing Yin-type carbuncles.
• Do not cook – melt into a warm decoction or yellow wine.
• Can be combined with Chen pi to counteract its greasiness.
Li: Strong blood tonic, great for chemotherapy patients.