Nature: acrid, bitter, warm
Topical Actions: Dries dampness; kills parasites; stops itching.
• Dampness: eczema, any itching, weeping skin lesion especially of the external genitalia region.
• Use as a wash, powder, or ointment.
Topical Dose: 15-30g
Internal Actions: Tonifies kidney Yang; disperses wind, cold; dries dampness.
• Kidney deficiency or cold womb: impotence, male or female infertility.
• Cold and dampness: leukorrhea, trichomonal vaginitis.
• Dampness (especially wind-cold-damp): lumbar pain.
Hsu: Antifungal; antiviral; anthelmintic; sex-hormone-like action – prolongs sexual intercourse in mice and can induce copulation in castrated mice.
HF: A Sha Chong (kill worms or parasites) herb, important in Gu Zheng (Gu parasites) formulas.
Internal Dose: 3-10g