Nature: bitter, sweet, warm
Enters: Kidney, Liver
Actions: Tonifies the liver and kidneys; strengthens the lumbar region and knees, sinews and bones; eliminates wind-damp; stabilizes the kidneys.
• Liver and kidney deficiency: stiffness, soreness, weakness of the knees, feet, lower back, spine, and lower extremities.
• Wind-cold-damp obstruction: pain, soreness, numbness; also swelling of the legs.
• Kidney deficiency: urinary incontinence, vaginal discharge.
• Similar to Du zhong, but milder to tonify the kidneys and liver.
• Compared to Ba ji tian, this herb is drier.