Nature: salty, cold
Actions: Softens and resolves hardness and masses; promotes urination; clears Lung heat; resolves phlegm.
• Lung heat: cough with thick, sticky sputum or coughing up blood.
• Phlegm: masses, nodules, scrofula.
• Hot or stony painful urinary dysfunction – urinary tract infection, kidney or bladder stones.
• Pumice is very light – some say it can slightly disperse Lung Qi.
• To promote urination, grind into a powder and take directly.
• When decocting, place it in a tea bag.
• History of use as an abrasive for softening skin, and more recently in spas as a powder as an exfolliant.